Autumn

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Heat, Trampoline and Football

It is hot!  I am over it.  It is not fun anymore.  Bring on fall please.  Ok enough of my whining.

The boys are trying to enjoy the trampoline.  Again, it is HOT.  They have been going out in the morning and evenings mostly.

Gasp!

We are on the second day of football practice and Dalton is really liking it, despite the heat.  It is a huge commitment with practices 3-5 times a week and games every Saturday until November.  BUT, it is already proving to be exactly what I was hoping it would be for Dalton.  Last night after practice I had to take Peyton to his friends house to spend the night.  Normally this would send Dalton into a "nobody likes me, Peyton gets to do everything" pity party.  Dalton did not care, he just wanted to go home and talk about his practice and new mouth guard with his Dad.
Dalton is the middle child.  Always in the shadow of Peyton and not the cute baby where everything is cute (in theory) like Sylvie.  He needed his own thing.  I am hoping that is what football will be for him.  It is what my horses were for me growing up, I get it. We will see what his attitude is Thursday after his first practice in FULL PADS. Ha!
Off to have another busy day.  Oh that reminds me.  The boys had dentist appts yesterday.  No cavities. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment