Autumn

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Vacation Week 2

Well I got the boys room painted.  I have ordered shelves and a wall decal quote, so as soon as those come  in I will be close to finished.  I still need to shop for curtains and some sort of new toy shelf.  Their old one is too juvenile.
Last week we had nothing planned and no where to go.  It was great.  The boys have been playing together a lot....other than video games....and it has been so nice to see.  They built a fort under my scrapbook table and I let them keep it up for days.  They used every quilt and blanket in the house.  Then  Dalton started setting all of Sylvie's toys around it, I am not sure why.

They tried to sleep in it but this is how I found them the next morning.  Look at Dalton in the recliner.  Crack me up!

On a boring note.  I filled my seasonal glass jar with gold fish.  I saw this huge box of patriotic gold fish and knew it would be a hit with the kids.

Of coarse some back yard time.

This little girl is FAST.

I keep finding Dalton in this bucket. Too cute.  My baby boy at heart.

Saturday was supposed to be a fun day.  Dalton's end of the season flag football party was Saturday and it rained almost all day. :o(  The team had rented the covered pavilion at the park, games, and even a big water slide.  We all decided to go ahead and gather because we had food made for 40 people.  But no games and no water slide.  A disappointed boy.

However, the rain cleared and the evening was still so much fun.  The Bjorklund's had a pool party and cookout.  The rain had really cooled things off so only the kids were crazy enough to still swim.  They played in the pool well after dark.  I did not take any pictures.

Chris had to work ALL DAY on Father's Day. Boo.

Now we are well into our third week of summer vacation.  Yesterday was great.  The boys started VBS.  Afterwards Sherri, Doris and I took all the kiddos to lunch at Cheddar's. This is a wonderful group of boys.  I love them all!  Even our "adopted cousin" Gabriel.

Today while the boys were at VBS, Sylvie and I went to the pool with a group from MOPS.  It was at the neighborhood pool of one of the mom's and I am ready to move there.  It is perfect!  Great for toddlers, slides for  older kids and it even had a pool in a separate area for adults only.

Ok that pretty much wraps up what we have been up to since my last post.  Happy first day of summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment